Thursday 3 January 2013

Tomato Risotto Bites

Fletcher's first birthday party is on Saturday and I am determined to have food that he can eat. Yes I know he is just one guest,but come on... it's HIS party!! As the birthday boy he should be able to eat whatever is on the table.

And so, tonight I began baking!

First on the list... my Berry Yummy Mini Cakes which are super yummy and now safely stored in the freezer away from the hungry hands of my husband!

Next came a new idea of mine.... Tomato Risotto Bites.Oh my, I am in love!! Risotto Bites are gluten, wheat, dairy, soy and nut free - AND they taste good, are simple to make and even easier to serve and eat!



Ingredients
2 cups aborio rice
3 cups water
1.5 tbs nuttalex (or other dairy substitute)
200g tomato chutney
3 eggs, lightly beaten

Method
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and grease very thoroughly 2x 24 mini muffin trays
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Add rice, and stir to coat it with the butter.
4. Pour in the water, cover the saucepan and allow to simmer for approximately 10min, or until all the water has been absorbed.
5. Stir in chutney and eggs.
6. Spoon into trays.
7. Cook for 15min.
8. Allow to cool in pan for 5min before carefully scooping bites onto a wire rack to cool.
9 Serve hot or cold.

Tomorrow night -birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment