Thursday 13 December 2012

High Protein Zucchini & Tuna Fritters


This morning I decided to make fritters. After going for a walk at Sandgate with a friend we were heading out to my parent's house and I thought it would be good to know that we'd started the day well, and that lunch was sorted after the long drive!

But what to make.. usually my "go to" food is my version of pancakes, but I'm trying to cut down (ie. remove!) carbs from Fletcher and my diet so pancakes weren't a good choice!

So I trolled through one of my favourite websites, Teresa Cutter's The Healthy Chef and found a recipe for gluten free zucchini fritters. But being a breakfast food, I wanted them to be high protein.

So I came up with High Protein Zucchini & Tuna Fritters... my first official "friendly food for Fletcher"!

High Protein Zucchini & Tuna Fritters

Ingredients:
400g zucchini - grated and squeezed (to remove excess fluid)
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1/2 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
4 spring onions (I use just the green bits)
black pepper (Freshly ground)
1 tsp lemon juice
3 eggs
1 - 1.5 cups almond meal
1 small tin tuna
a good shake of chia seeds

Method:
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stir to combine well.
3. Dry cook in a non-stick frying pan (alternatively use a small amount of nuttelex or olive oil) for approximately 2 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
4. Serve with half an avocado.

Tips:
Teresa Cutter suggests you can use other types of flour (eg. brown rice flour, coconut flour or chickpea flour) but to be honest, I couldn't even taste the almond meal!

As you can see from the photo, Fletcher absolutely loved them... and to be honest so did I!!







No comments:

Post a Comment