Monday 25 August 2014

One step forward... ten steps back!

Well the best laid plans (of mice and men).... one step forward (two steps backwards).... all of these sayings are running through my head at the moment, because while we thought we were on one path, God and life in general has steered us onto a completely different one!!

A week ago while on a school excursion to the local library I hit some uneven ground, rolled my ankle and fell over. Yep - that simple! Yet, it's not just a roll, it's a fracture. A chunk of bone came off my ankle as I pulled the tendons. Oh wait, but not just that. I pulled the tendons (and ligaments) on the inside of my ankle, the outside of my ankle and the big and important one that sits between the foot and the leg bones. I did a REALLY GOOD JOB of it! Oh yes, I also hurt my left arm, back, neck and shoulders in the process as I literally went straight down (tiiimmm-berrrrrr!).

I'm in a world of pain, but worse than that... I'm frustrated!!! I've been working so hard this year on extra curricular activities - a learning management system (LIFE) that I've become Key Teacher for at my school; school camp (happening next week), the school Multicultural Festival (happening in September); wonderful, detailed and exciting units of work.... all completely out the window as I am completely out of action for the rest of the term.

As I'm sure you can image, with a 2.5yo running around the house and a wife laid up in bed and only just able to move from bed to bathroom to couch thanks to a moon boot and crutches, my husband is looking for easy and simple... so our plan to do the Elimination Diet is out the window until we're back on our feet - literally!


No comments:

Post a Comment